Are you as obsessed with warm and hearty meals as I am this winter? Ok, let's be real - all I want to do is curl up with a big vat of coffee, a warm blanket, and hibernate while watching Elf on replay! Add this Balsamic Chicken Pasta to my bowl and I'll be happy as can be. Seriously, though - you already know my 3 requirements for any meal, and this one is easy as can be! It is super-filling (we couldn’t finish our bowls) and doesn't take much time at all.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ package whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 package (8 oz) fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 package (8 oz) fresh cherry or grape tomatoes
- Feta or parmesan cheese
- Cavender’s Greek seasoning
- ¼ bottle Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 package frozen vegetables (broccoli & cauliflower mix or your favorite)
(Note: I perform the first three steps at the exact same time using three different pans, which takes about 10-15 minutes total)
1. Cut chicken breasts into 1" squares and cook on medium heat in a large skillet. Season lightly with Cavender’s Greek seasoning.
2. Combine mushrooms, tomatoes, a light coating of vinaigrette dressing (I use about ¼ of the bottle) in a large skillet. Season lightly with Cavender’s Greek seasoning. Cook on low to medium heat until veggies are tender.
3. Cook pasta to package directions.
4. Cook steamed vegetables according to package directions and sprinkle lightly with Cavender’s Greek Seasoning.
5. Divide pasta, chicken, and tomato/mushroom mix among four bowls. Sprinkle feta or parmesan cheese on each bowl. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables and/or fruit. Note: The last time I made this, we forgot about the cheese last night and the recipe was great without it.
@@This balsamic chicken pasta just might be my latest obsession!@@
So tell the truth - have you watched Elf yet this season? Have you hung the tree? Are you ready to curl up and hibernate with a big bowl of Balsamic Chicken Pasta?
P.S. Have you entered my giveaway? Some of my amazing blogger friends and I have teamed up to give away some fantastic prizes!! It's totally free - no strings attached! :)