Cooler weather means more crock pot meals for this busy mama!! This delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken recipe fulfills my need for a Tex-Mex flavored dish while allowing me to eat clean! And the best part is - it's super-easy to make, which is one of my top 3 requirements for any meal. It can even be tossed in the crock pot in the morning and it'll be ready for you when you get home from work in the evening!
Yields: 5 servings (servings are 2 cups each)
- 4 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cup home cooked pinto beans (or 15 oz can rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/3 cup home cooked black beans (or 15 oz can rinsed and drained)
- 3.5 cups diced fresh tomatoes (or 28 oz can of low sodium diced tomatoes)
- 16 oz organic corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa (no sugar added)
1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker in the order listed above.
2. Cook on low for approximately 6 hours, or until the chicken falls apart when stirred with a fork
@@Who doesn't love a quick and easy #crockpot #recipe?@@
Are you as obsessed with your slow cooker as I am? What's one of your winter favorites?
P.S. Have you entered my giveaway? Some of my amazing blogger friends and I have teamed up to give away some fantastic prizes!! It's totally free - no strings attached! :)